NIFF 2021 Call for entries
The film submission for NIFF 2021 season is finally open from 1st July 2020, and will last until 29th November 2020. NIFF invites all film makers and artists to submit their works for the 2021 event. Films can be submitted under the following criteria:
Narrative feature (Live Action)
Short (Live Action / Animation)
Submission can be made exclusively through the platform FilmFreeway. Click the icon below to submit your film.
Here are some rules and regulations that must be adhered to by applicants. Please read these conditions thoroughly before making your submission.
1. Submissions under all categories should adhere to time / duration restrictions as mentioned:
Narrative feature: Between 60 and 100 minutes’ runtime
Shorts (Live Action, Animated): Under 30 minutes’ runtime
Documentaries: Under 60 minutes’ runtime
*No runtime restrictions for national productions (feature and short)
2. Submissions completed before 1st January 2019 will not qualify for festival selection. Films that have already been screened at past iterations of NIFF will also not qualify.
3. Submitted films under all competition segments must have English subtitles in them
4. All entries should adhere to the following video and audio format for the submission:
Video Container: MP4, MOV
Resolution: 1920 X 1080 or higher
Video Codec: h.264, PRORES
Audio: 2.0 Stereo, 5.1 surround
*Audio / Video formats for the festival screening will be communicated post selection
1. The film should be submitted as per the eligibility requirements. Films violating the eligibility requirements will be rejected.
2. All submissions (national / international), with the exception of narrative features on national competitions, will need to be made via the online platform www.filmfreeway.com/niff2021. All associated submission fees as mentioned in said platform need to be paid for submission.
3. Submissions can be made by submitting online screeners via filmfreeway.com, or by shipping a physical copy of the film to the organizer’s address. All shipping costs are to be born by the applicant.
4. All submissions must be made before the extended (final) deadline of 29th November 2020. All films submitted later than the extended deadline will be rejected.
5. Selection process will officially start with the end of the standard deadline (29th October 2020). Finalists / selected films will only be published 20 days after the end of the extended (final) deadline.
6. The NIFF 2021 selection committee and programmers will have full jurisdiction for the final selection. NIFF 2021 is not liable towards any films that are rejected.
7. NIFF 2021 will request for any official film materials / information (if any) not provided by the applicant at the time of the submission, post selection. All missing materials / information, including the festival screener for the selected film, need to be submitted to the NIFF 2021 programmers before 1st January 2021. Failure to do this will result in the rejection of the selected films.
NOTE: All selected films must ensure the delivery of the following information relating to said films before 1st January 2021:
a. Full press kit / info kit (must include synopsis, posters, credits, director’s bio, statement and pictures, trailer / teaser, previous awards and accolades, and any other additional information relevant to the film)
8. NIFF 2021 will securely archive all films received online as well as through post, and will not use it in any commercial or non-commercial venture ever. NIFF can however utilize 10% of the film’s footage / stills for promotional works in NIFF 2021 and future iterations of NIFF.
9. All applicants should agree that once films are selected and selection published, they will be screened to a live audience in Kathmandu. Applicants should also agree that selected films will be screened at more than one venue (s) in Nepal (for eg: parallel screens in multiple cities) all within the duration of the festival.
10. NIFF does not have a policy to pay screening fees for selected films.
11. Due to the outbreak of the COVID pandemic and the ongoing crisis, NIFF 2021 may revert to an online iteration of the event if the situation is unfeasible for a physical event at the time of the festival (24-28 February 2021).
NOTE: If NIFF 2021 creates an online iteration of the event, all selected films will only be shown during the days of the festival through the NIFF 2021 official website, and will adhere to a strict online token system to keep the event private to NIFF audiences and ticket bearers for the duration of the event. Films will be duly taken down from the NIFF 2021 official website and from NIFF servers after the completion of the event.
12. By submitting their films, applicants agree to all the rules and criteria mentioned above, and also agree to remain bound by them.
Design and Developed By Utopia Technology Pvt Ltd.